Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Memories



Lately I have been doing art to get at the roots of where I am today in my life. Sometimes it's easier to say things with art than with words or emotions...art evokes both naturally. Art can help when I feel distressed or sad and it allows me the necessary outlet to tell my story in a way that others may or may not understand. Other people don't have to understand the message behind what I am saying for me....that is an important discovery, I think, about being an artist. When you start creating for who YOU are, and not for others, I think an important change happens. I know it's happening in me, and this brings a peace into my soul.
How does the child in this picture relate to who I am today? What is she saying with her eyes? Those are things I am trying to figure out through my artistic endeavours.

No comments: