Monday, April 28, 2008

Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine

I have not seen it yet but I have written an article for Cloth Paper Scissors that is in the current issue (May/June 2008). I have beaten down a path to Chapters pretty much every day the last week to see if they have got a copy in yet....no luck so far. I am excited to see the finished result as I only saw the preview a while ago!!! The issue features three of my altered art/mixed media miniature chairs (there are picture of them on this blog). It was a fun thing to do and I am already busy thinking up projects for another article. The staff at CPS were very accomodating and easy to work with!!! I am happy to have had such a positive experience.

I guess it gives you confidence when you put yourself (and your art) on the line and people actually like what you do!!! I always feel like exposing my art is opening up such a large part of my spirit for critique, and that can be dangerous to one's self-esteem if people aren't nice. However, most of the time, people are wonderful...especially the friends I have made at ZNE and Altered Art Obsession!!! I wish I would have known about places like that ten years ago when I was struggling to find my own artistic vision.

2 comments:

Gina M Smith said...

I can't wait to see this! I still don't have my copy in the mail!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just saw the decorated chair in your sidebar. Now I remember the article. I really need to find my mag. Big congrats!!! Those chairs look awesome.