Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trees

I think it's funny that trees have become the "new, in thing". Plant a tree to create oxygen, trees are cool...yikes. When did we finally figure that out? I am waiting for our civilization to be standing under the last tree, wondering as we cut it down, if that's a good thing or not. What did the people of Easter Island think when that fate came to them?

This is a little collage I did a while back while exploring Corey Moorgat's book The Art of Personal Imagery. I love the simple way that Corey gets her point across, using soft colours and vivid images. I liked the way this collage turned out (I did several more that will never make it to this blog). The coral colour in this piece is one of my favourite ones to work with, it's called Melon.

I love to combine art and poetry and I have done that here. Sometimes simple is good in a collage, although I am currently experimenting with more elaborate backgrounds. I am excited about those and the colours in them really bring the images to life.

I just ordered Beryl Taylor's new book Mixed Media Explorations and I am looking forward to making my way through that one as well. I love her soft techniques and her use of hearts as imagery.

That's all for now,

Nosilla

2 comments:

Gina M Smith said...

Hi Allison-so sorry to hear about your bike accident. I hope you will be just fine. Sounds scary. I'm glad Bernice let us know. Take care.

Gina M Smith said...

Allison-hope you are recovering nicely.